In the Name of The Father, and of The Son and of The Holy Spirit, Amen.
I would declare US national sovereignty on the UN complex on New York’s East River, inform all Caliphist diplomats that they are persona non grata, recall, reassign or layoff all US representatives to the UN, close all US offices at UN agencies and immediately suspend all payments to and support for the UN and its agencies.
I would investigate, prosecute and/or execute every imam, mullah, muezzin, ayatollah (and any other kind of Caliphist cleric or clerical assistant) and Koran/Hadith scholar residing or visiting in the US. (Destroy the Caliphist army’s recruiting, training and tasking cadre.)
I would investigate, prosecute and/or execute every attorney or elected official in the US who is connected by or to the Saudi family, Salafist or Wahhabi clergy or scholars, Iranian or other Shi’ite clerics or scholars and IRGC members, Afghan drug lords or tribal chiefs, the Haqqani family/network, or a muslim brotherhood-connected organization. (Destroy the Caliphist army’s domestic lawfare leadership cadre.)
I would investigate, prosecute and/or execute every teacher and administrator in the US system of education, at every level, who is now or ever has been accepting money from Caliphist governments, private individuals or agencies, for whatever reason. (Jerk the fifth column in the USA out of existence and encourage other nations to do likewise with theirs.)
I would seize all Saudi financial and real assets inside US jurisdiction and encourage other nations to do likewise inside their jurisdictions.
I would obliterate the King Saud Mosque in Jeddah or the Al-Masjid al-Nabawi (“The Prophet’s Mosque”) in Medina. Or both.
I would inform the Saudi extended family they have one month to go into exile, which may not be on US territory, from which they and their descendants are permanently banned.
I would seize the major air and sea ports in formerly Saudi Arabia and supervise the exile of the soi-disant “Saudi royal family,” denying them carry out of anything other than the clothes on their backs and tickets out. Saudi family assets would be seized and given to their rightful owners or, if those are unknown, sold or confiscated to reimburse US expenditures.
I would invite the Hashemites to occupy and rule the formerly Saudi Arabia and back them up during their ingress and stand up on a cost plus ten percent schedule of reimbursement.
If the Hashemites declined, I would garrison and turn over to private operators the fossil fuel fields and transshipment centers and ensure that fossil fuel exports remain constant. I would convey the revenue to the US treasury until private operators took over, whereupon those operators would complete the reimbursement of the US for expenses in liberating formerly Saudi Arabia and for garrisoning the productive facilities, plus ten percent.
I would inform the tribal sheiks that they are on their own so long as they do not restart Salafist, Wahhabi or Shi’ite clerics, muezzin, or Koran/Hadith scholars, in which case they (sheiks and clerics) will be executed, their assets sold or confiscated to pay US expenses and their families exiled with the shirts on their backs.
I would annihilate or refer to Hashemite decision any who opposed the Hashemites as they assumed governance of the land.
I would support the Hashemites in their governance decisions.
When a friendly, local governance system is in place, I would withdraw US armed forces from Hashemite Arabia while supporting whatever structures US private interests have created in the way of normal international relations with Hashemite Arabia.
I would seize all Iranian financial and real assets inside US jurisdiction and encourage other nations to do likewise inside their jurisdictions.
I would destroy Iranian assets threatening the Strait of Hormuz and garrison the shoulders of the defile.
I would destroy Iranian fossil fuel transshipment facilities and garrison them.
I would destroy Iranian fossil fuel refining and petrochemical facilities, including pharmaceutical production.
I would destroy Iranian air, land, sea and space assets.
I would seize Qom and garrison it and arrest and execute every Shi’ite religious official in Iran and their families for three generations forwards and backwards, seizing their lands and other assets and throwing their extended families and retainers into exile with the shirts on their backs. The officials’ assets would return to their rightful owners or, if those are unknown, sold or confiscated to reimburse US costs of removing those dictators.
I would destroy the IRGC, execute their leadership cadre and their families for three generations forward and backwards, seize their lands and other assets and throw their families and associates into exile with the shirts on their backs. The assets of those evildoers would return to their rightful owners or, if those are unknown, sold or confiscated to reimburse US costs of removing their dictatorship.
I would invite the Universal House of Justice to govern Iran. I would garrison the country long enough to ensure they stand up and annihilate anyone who opposed or threatened them ideologically by subterfuge or violence. I would help the UHJ rebuild Iran’s fossil fuel industry and destroy its nuclear weapons and WMD industries, requiring a cost plus ten percent reimbursement for US efforts to extirpate the dictatorship and protect the UHJ’s process to stand up governance of Iran.
I would support the UHJ in their governance decisions.
If the UHJ declines the invitation, I would tell current and formerly leading Baha’i families that they are on their own with Iran, that the country is theirs to govern, to include assigning ownerships, and that all costs the US incurs extirpating the dictatorship and helping those families to stand up governance for the country must be reimbursed plus ten percent.
I would support those families in their governance decisions.
If those families decline the invitation, which is unlikely, then I would declare Iran an American protectorate and bring her into the modern world through the expansion of private enterprise and clean governance. I would stand her up as a healthy, peaceful nation having a republican leadership. For that stewardship, I would require that US costs be reimbursed plus ten percent.
When a friendly, local governance system is in place, I would withdraw US armed forces from Iran while supporting whatever structures US private interests have created in the way of normal international relations with Iran.
Saudi and Iranian exiles never will have access to financial and real assets they once owned that have been sold or seized by the US. Those assets were forfeit by the ghastly behavior of those exiles and are now US sovereign property or the property of their rightful owners. Exiles who attempt to return will be hunted and executed.
I would inform Afghan farmers and shippers that they may grow and transport any crop except such as can be made into illegal or debilitating drugs.
I would give them a demonstration, on both drug crops and road tolls.
I would destroy every Saudi-built school and mosque in Afghanistan and arrest and execute every cleric, scholar and minion who worked or trained at the larger ones.
I would tell mineral developers, such as miners and pipe-line builders and operators, that the US will take ten percent of their operating income for the next fifty years.
I would tell China that garrisoning Afghanistan would be an act of war against the US and allies, in response to which, the US and allies would cut China in two. China is pretense and cannot afford war.
I would encourage American, Indian, Russian, German, Japanese, other European, Pacific and Southeast Asian nationals to colonize Afghanistan, Iraq, Arabia, North Africa and Iran and/or, through investments, to help them build up as tourist destinations, agricultural producers, transshipment operators and mineral-based industrialists. All are spectacularly beautiful countries and deserts are clean.
I would encourage those foreign nationals to bid to purchase, build and operate fossil fuel, agricultural and mineral development, production and distribution facilities in those Middle Eastern countries. Invite those nations in, and to stay. They will bring what Middle Eastern countries truly need: scientific, educational and industrial development for self-reliance.
I would explore with US allies and implement ways to restore Tibetan national sovereignty and guarantee it against Chinese aggression.
In addition to the Western Hemisphere, with the US allies I would protect the Central Pacific, Southeast Asian and Southeastern Pacific nation states from Chinese aggression.
I would define the geographical center of US national and strategic interest as the Pacific and Indian Oceans rather than the Atlantic Ocean and the Mediterranean and North Seas.
To accomplish which, I would:
‣ Form a five-way alliance comprising, as senior partners, India, United States and Russia and, as junior partners, Germany and Japan. The alliance’s mission is to regulate the moral and economic expansion of post-World War III nation-level interactions, all of them. World War III is the war started by Caliphist (i.e. Hegemonistic) pretension and to be concluded by that pretension’s defeat along the lines of action contemplated in this essay. This five-way alliance supersedes and closes out US participation in alliances entered into by the US after World War II, all of them.
‣ Re-form/restore the US federal mission as follows:
Regulate to expand the common power and meaning; do not try to define, control or drive the common power and meaning towards a pre-determined outcome. Let power and meaning surge outward from the common – it will do this on its own, without stimulus – and canalize them to maximize themselves. Do not even dare to define an outcome for the power and meaning of the common authority.
The size of government is not a problem. That will vary with the size of population and land. The problem is, what is the government doing as whatever size it is?
Government’s role is regulation of the natural hubbub of life for the common good, which means for expansion of the common power and meaning. Government is not meant to define, control or drive the common authority towards a predetermined outcome, even and especially when that outcome is presumed to define the common authority. The common authority is its own sovereign expressed through its own hubbub. Government is its servant, part of the common’s hubbub, tasked with expanding the power and meaning of the common authority by regulating its hubbub.
Government labors within the hubbub of life, interacting with it, regulating it for expansion. If government officials or bureaucrats think to stand outside the hubbub of life and away from the common, with authority to control or direct it, war will remove those officials or bureaucrats from government and remove the government itself if need be.
‣ Strike and/or urge Congress to strike all unfunded federal mandates.
‣ Strike, refuse to prosecute and/or urge Congress to strike at least fifty percent of federal felony crimes.
‣ Strike, refuse to administer and/or urge Congress to strike at least fifty percent of federal regulations across the board.
‣ Strike and/or urge Congress to strike federal tort legislation in toto, returning that area of law to state sovereignty.
‣ Strike and/or urge Congress to strike federal law bearing upon abortion and sodomy, returning those areas of law to state sovereignty.
‣ Strike and/or urge Congress to strike federal subsidies of medical treatment, nutrition and income, returning decision on those activities to state sovereignty.
‣ Reduce and/or urge Congress to reduce the federal civil service by at least fifty percent across the board.
‣ Reduce the number of White House personnel and offices by at least seventy five percent across the board.
‣ Maintain the federal military services at current strength with an option to increase as needed to prevent force burnout and to achieve the national strategic missions outlined above.
‣ Disband the departments of Education, Energy, Homeland Security, Housing and Urban Development and Labor.
This disbanding may accomplish the bulk of the fifty percent, at least, across the board reduction of the federal civil service. National security-related agencies (e.g., Secret Service, Coast Guard, ICE) now in DHS or DOE can return to their former departments or to remaining other ones.
‣ Disband at least fifty percent of federal independent agencies and government corporations. Reduce staff of those remaining by at least fifty percent and then, suddenly and relentlessly, re-form those to secure the nation rather than trans-form her, which is both impossible and seditious.
‣ Cease funding academic and industrial research not directly benefitting national strategic missions outlined above. That would be in the neighborhood of 99.99% of it.
‣ Reduce entitlements of every kind, across the board, by five percent per year every year until they are gone. To include Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, Disability, unemployment, food stamps, welfare (to include private and corporate welfare, crony capitalism and industrial and agricultural subsidies), academic and cultural grants, student loans and scholarships.
‣ “Urge Congress to levy a 50% surtax on anything earned within five years after leaving the federal government, above whatever the federal salary was.” Glenn Reynolds
‣ Urge Congress to base the US tax code on an annual flat tax of 15% or less on individual/family income (both wages and investment) and on corporate income (of all types, having no loopholes).
‣ Warn Mexico to stop within sixty days and permanently thereafter the human and drug invasion of the US southern border or face punitive action from US Armed Forces, and occupation and summary executions if punitive action is not convincing.
‣ Encourage states to respond proactively to human and drug invasion as they deem appropriate, to supplement, with coordination, federal response (also proactive) to the same attack on US national sovereignty.
‣ Vigorously prosecute graft, extortion and bribery initiated by federal politicians, bureaucrats and grantees.
And the world would say, “Hooray!”
GWOT has been going on long enough without a decision. With the exception of Saddam’s Iraq, US and Coalition Forces have been hunting flies. Aquila non capit muscas. Arab and other Middle Easterners understand and respect power. It is time to win this war by bringing its consequences home to its perpetrators. That is what I would do if I were king of the forest.
Update II: What if We Actually Had a War on Terror?
Update III: And Al Saud intends to keep it up.